'Gold' School Games Award - October 2023
Harrison Primary School has recently been awarded the ‘Gold’ School Games Award.
The purpose of this award is to reward and recognise a school’s engagement (provision and uptake) in the School Games against a national benchmark and to celebrate keeping young people active.
We had to demonstrate how we have:
- Maintained and grown our school’s engagement in the School Games and our delivery of the Chief Medical Officer’s (CMO) 60 active minutes for every child or 20 minutes for SEND young people
- Delivered and engaged in competitions that have clear intent and create positive experiences based on the motivation, competence and confidence of your young people that need support most
- a clear focus on transition points (e.g. Yr.3 and Yr.6)
- supported the personal development of targeted young people through youth engagement and leadership
- advocated and engaged key stakeholders on the value of the School Games to support local provision and improve the experiences for our children and their families